An update from us
Aug 19, 2021
An Update From Us
We want to let you know that despite the updated alert levels, Malloch McClean has implemented its working from home continuity plans and we
are ready and able to help all our clients on a business as usual basis.
This is what we currently understand around the wage subsidies.
Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS) : To help businesses keep paying staff and protect jobs.
- Eligible employers can apply for the WSS if they expect a loss of 40 percent of revenue as a result of the alert level increase announcement yesterday.
- Businesses will be eligible for $600 per week per full-time equivalent employee, and $359 per week per part-time employee paid as a two-week lump sum.
- Applications open on Friday 20 August and first payments are usually available after three days.
Resurgence Support Payment (RSP): To help support businesses or organisations with one-off costs due to a COVID-19 alert level increase. Businesses can have both the RSP and WSS.
- Available if firms incur a loss of 30 percent of revenue as a result of the alert level increase.
- Up to $1500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent employee (maximum of 50 full-time employees).
Other support available: These two subsidies have been available throughout and are still available;
- Leave Support Scheme (LSS): The Leave Support Scheme provides a two-week lump sum payment of either $585.80 per week for full-time workers, or $350 per week for part-time workers, who must self-isolate and cannot work from home.
- Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP): The Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP) provides a one-off (once per 30 days) $350 payment for workers who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home.
More information please keep visiting the COVID-19.govt.nz for up-to-date information. Or of course
just get in touch with us!
Don't forget to look after yourself! It’s more important now than ever to have awareness of our mental health and know some key steps to help build resiliency. Check out this resource for some ways to boost your mental wellbeing and that of loved ones. A reminder there is also the Xero Assistance Programme (XAP) still available to use. Xero customers on a starter, standard or premium plan can access free and confidential counselling and resources through the programme.
We Are Here To Help
We are all hopeful there will be no extension to lockdown but either way we learnt last time that cash flow is critical at this time. If you’d like to get some comfort around what the next few weeks/months look like from a cash forecasting and scenario planning point of view, get in touch and we can work through how you’re likely to be positioned.
Stay safe and take care.
The team at Malloch McClean